959 El Camino Real
The project proposes to demolish the existing commercial building and construct a mixed-use building. The project will include 278 multi-family dwelling units and 17, 210 square feet of ground-floor commercial space. Within the residential project, there is 13,585 square feet of amenity space, 961 square feet for a leasing office, and 15,968 square feet of open space. The project will include 26 units designated for occupancy by very low-income households. A total of 349 off-street parking spaces will be provided for retail and residential uses. The project building consists of six stories and a maximum height of approximately 83 feet 10 inches.
Applicant: High Street Number Cal Development, Inc. (Trammel Crow)
Application Review Status: Complete
Developer Contact Information:
- Brian Pianca, 415-601-8406
- 415 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
Environmental Review: Per California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) Guidelines, Sections 15332, the project qualifies for a categorical exemption under a Class 32 urban infill development. View the CEQA document (PDF).
Parking Occupancy Study: City consultants Fehr and Peers prepared a Parking Occupancy Study for the project site and the surrounding on and off-street parking facilities. View the Parking Occupancy Study (PDF).
Planning Commission Public Hearing: Approved by Planning Commission on June 29, 2022 (4-0-1).
Project Planner: Nestor Guevara, Associate Planner, 650-259-2335
Property Owner: Bay Properties, Inc.
- Conditional Use Permit
- Design Review Permit
- Lot line adjustment with the City of Millbrae parcel at the southeast corner of the project site along Broadway.
- Vesting Tentative Map for Condominium purposes to create residential and commercial condominiums
The project is seeking a 42.5% density bonus above allowable base building area in exchange for allocating 13% of base allowable units to units that are affordable to Very Low-Income households not exceeding 50% of Area Median Income. To accommodate these affordable units, the project is seeking the following incentive/concession, waivers, and parking reductions:
- A waiver to build above the allowable 40 feet height limit to approximately 83 feet 10 inches.
- A reduction in parking requirement from 1.5 spaces per unit to 1.10 spaces per unit. 0.5 spaces per unit are allowed under the State Density Bonus law for projects providing at least 11% very low-income units within 1/2 mile of an accessible major transit stop.
- A concession to reduce the retail parking requirement from 5 spaces per 1,000 square feet of retail to 2.4 spaces per 1,000 square feet.