The City of Millbrae Pretreatment Program's goal is to minimize the impact and hazards of wastewater discharged from residential, commercial, industrial, and mobile users. The wastewater discharged from these sources undergoes primary and secondary treatments at the City's Water Pollution Control Plant.
To achieve this goal, the City of Millbrae implements a permit system that requires industrial commercial users to adhere to the Millbrae Sanitary Sewer Ordinance. Part of an industrial user's requirements is proper maintenance of their grease removal devices and in some cases, quarterly reporting of the contents of the discharge (e.g. copper, nickel, etc.).
The Sanitary Sewer Program is concerned with preventing clogs and sewer back-ups. Keeping Fats, Oil, and Grease (F.O.G.) out of your sink drains and toilets will prevent this from occurring. The following resources are available for local businesses and residents.
- Draining Your Pool or Spa The Right Way - Brochure (PDF)
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, and Grease Out of Your Drain! Chinese Brochure (PDF)
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, and Grease Out of Your Drain! English Brochure (PDF)
- Fight Fats, Oils, and Grease (FOG) Residential Video
- Sign-up for the Flows to Bay Newsletter
- Wipes Clog Pipes
- City of Millbrae Enforcement Response Plan - Business (PDF)
- Fight F.O.G. - Business poster (PDF)
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, and Grease Out of Your Drain! Rack Card (PDF)
- Fight Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) - Commercial Video
- Grease Trap Service Providers (PDF)
- Groundwater Discharge Permit Application (PDF)
- Keeping Trash and Waste Out of the Ocean Poster (PDF)
- Local Discharge Limits (PDF)
- Pollution from Surface Cleaning (PDF)
- Pool Water Discharge Permit Application (PDF)
- Wastewater Discharge Permit Application (PDF)
- Water Pollution Prevention Program Pollutants of Concern (PDF)
- What We Do Outside Matters! BMP Poster (PDF)
- You are the Solution to Water Pollution - San Mateo County (PDF)