About Public Works
- The Public Works Department will continue to provide essential services such as limited infrastructure maintenance, water services, wastewater collection/treatment services, and street cleaning services. Staff will be available over the phone at 650-259-2339 for general and project-specific questions. For questions regarding utilities and operations, please contact 650-259-2374. Residents are also encouraged to contact us with any comments.
- For water billing information, please contact City's Finance department at 650-259-2420.
- While the State Water Board encourages residents to follow the Centers for Disease Control recommendations to clean surfaces with disinfecting wipes to reduce the spread of COVID-19, it is important to discard those items in the trash, not the toilet. Flushing wipes, paper towels, and similar products down toilets will clog sewers and cause backups and overflows at the City's wastewater treatment facilities, creating an additional public health risk in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic.
- Encroachment Permit: New encroachment permit applications can be submitted via email (preferred) or in person during Permit Counter Hours between 9 am through 12 pm. Inspections will be conducted only between 1 pm through 4 pm time frame. Please call 650-259-2339 to schedule inspections.
- The current Parking Permit stickers will expire on June 30, 2023. To renew, applicants are encouraged to mail in their applications with supporting documents. The typical processing time will be approximately five business days. In-person processing is also available between 9 am and Noon. Application drop-off is available from Noon through 4 pm. For more information and instructions, please visit the Parking Permit Program page.