The Millbrae Parks and Recreation Commission consists of five members who shall be appointed by the City Council and serve at the Council's pleasure, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in the City government. No Commissioner may be appointed to or serve concurrently on more than one commission or committee established by ordinance or resolution of the City Council at the same time. Members shall be qualified electors of the City and shall serve for a term of four years. Time of service shall not exceed three four-year consecutive terms.
The Parks and Recreation Commission meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Millbrae Community Center Great Room, 623 Magnolia Ave, and may meet in additional special sessions.
View calendar for upcoming meetings.
Parks and Recreation Commission Bylaws
The general duties and responsibilities of the Commission are:
- To recommend to the City Council the establishment of an adequate system of parks, playgrounds, and any other recreational facilities which the commission may deem advisable including operation, management and maintenance of such facilities and the acquisition of necessary equipment;
- To recommend to the City Council the acquisition of such real and personal property as may be necessary or advisable for recreational facilities;
- To recommend and make suggestions concerning any matter pertaining to parks and playgrounds, and other recreational facilities which may be brought before the City Council;
- To serve as the City's Bike and Pedestrian Advisory Committee; and
- To recommend fees or charges to be paid by residents and nonresidents for the use of city recreational facilities; provided however, the City Council at any time may review the fees or charges and abolish, change or modify such fees or charges or take such other action as the City Council deems necessary in connection therewith.
Assigned Recreation Staff serves as staff liaison to the Commission and can be reached at 650-259-2360.
|Members||Initial Appointment||Term Expiration|
|JULIE TURNER (Chair)||09/25/12||06/30/24|
DANIEL F. QUIGG (Vice Chair)
CHRISTOPHER J. DEL NAGRO