Welcome to the City of Millbrae's Virtual Recreation Center! We've done our best to put together fun, creative, and educational content to help get you through these tough times. With our programs being cancelled and our facility being closed, our Virtual Recreation Center will bring these programs resources right to you and your family with the hope of making it easier for you to prioritize your health and well-being.
Visit our page and follow our Instagram for new updates and ideas to keep you and your families informed and entertained!
Have a great day and stay healthy!
Staying Active Indoors -
- P.E with Joe
- 15 Minute Seated and Standing Exercise for Seniors
- 20 Minute Family Friendly Workout
- Yoga with Adriene
- Virtual Line Dancing with Allen
- Indoor Fitness Court Workouts- National Fitness Campaign
- Peloton - 90 day free trial
- Beachbody Kids Workouts
Things to do with your pets -
Arts and Crafts -
- 75 Arts and Crafts Projects for Kids
- Crafts for Seniors: 52 Fun and Simple Ideas That Inspire
- DIY Cat Toys
- LUNCH DOODLES with Mo Willems!
- Paint Night at home
Here are some more free, fun, and creative activities to do from home!
- Try Fendor - 3 month offer for free guitar, bass and ukulele lessons
- Stay At Home - Online Music Festival
- Audible - Online Audiobooks
- List of Museums, Zoos, and Theme Parks Offering Virtual Tours
- 25 Amazing Virtual Field Trips for Kids
Here are some great resources provided by StarVista for meditation, podcasts, and safe outdoor activities to help pass the time and take care of yourself!
Meditation: seeing clearly and being with what is
- Intro to Meditation - Tergar Learning Community (Mingyur Rinpoche)
- Ram Dass Guided Meditation Library
- What Is Mindfulness? | Shinzen Young
- Practicing in a Pandemic (Tricycle Magazine)
Local Sitting Groups Live Streams:
- Will Kabat-Zinn Sunday Sangha (Sundays 7pm)
- Insight Meditation Center Redwood City (daily)
- SF Dharma Collective (daily)
- East Bay Meditation Center (daily)
- San Francisco Zen Center (daily)
Ground yourself and get out into Nature - Using Parks and Open Space While Maintaining Social Distancing
- Millbrae Parks & Spur Trail
- San Mateo County Parks
- Midpeninsula Regional Open Space District Preserves
- Peninsula Open Space Trust
- East Bay Regional Park District
Please note that we do not endorse, collect payment on behalf of, or receive funds to advertise any of the third party sites or services listed or referenced on this page.