The City of Millbrae Stormwater Pollution Prevention Program is designed to protect the City's storm drain and system and the San Francisco Bay. The program aims to prevent litter, debris, and toxic chemicals from entering storm drains that may prove harmful to the environment. The goal is to only have rain water go through storm drains.
Pollutants that enter the City's storm drains eventually make their way to the Bay. Keeping residential and business areas litter-free goes a long way in the success of this Program.
Below is a list of resources for protecting the storm drain system and the Bay:
- Millbrae Sewer Coverage Map
- Construction Activity BMPs - BASMAA
- Tips for a Cleaner Bay - Business Stormwater BMP
- Saw Cut Slurry & Concrete Work BMPs - BASMAA
- Vehicle Service Facilities BMPs
- Hazardous Waste Disposal - Very Small Quantity Generator (VSQG) Program
- Flows to Bay Website
- City of Millbrae Recycling & Waste Prevention Program
- Household Hazardous Waste Disposal