The City of Millbrae Pretreatment Program's goal is to minimize the impact and hazards of wastewater discharged from residential, commercial, industrial and mobile users. The wastewater discharged from these sources undergoes primary and secondary treatments at the City’s Water Pollution Control Plant.
To achieve the goal, the City of Millbrae implements a permit system that requires industrial commercial users to adhere to the Millbrae Sanitary Sewer Ordinance. Part of an industrial user's requirements is proper maintenance of their grease removal devices and in some cases, quarterly reporting of the contents of the discharge (e.g. copper, nickel, etc.).
The Sanitary Sewer Program is concerned with preventing clogs and sewer back-ups. Keeping Fats, Oil and Grease (F.O.G.) out of your sink drains and toilets will prevent this from occurring. The following resources are available for local businesses and residents.
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, & Grease Out of Your Drain! English Brochure
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, & Grease Out of Your Drain! Chinese Brochure
- Fight Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) Residential Video
- Draining Your Pool or Spa The Right Way - Brochure
- Sign-up Here for the Flows to Bay Newsletter
- Wipes Clog Pipes
- Local Discharge Limits
- Fight F.O.G. - Keep Fats, Oils, & Grease Out of Your Drain! Rack Card
- Fight Fats, Oils and Grease (FOG) - Commercial Video
- Fight F.O.G. – Business poster
- Keeping Trash and Waste Out of the Ocean Poster
- What We Do Outside Matters! BMP Poster
- You are the Solution to Water Pollution – San Mateo County
- City of Millbrae Enforcement Response Plan - Business
- Water Pollution Prevention Program Pollutants of Concern
- Grease Trap Service Providers
- Pollution from Surface Cleaning
- Wastewater Discharge Permit Application
- Groundwater Discharge Permit Application
- Pool Water Discharge Permit Application