The Millbrae Police Bureau's Records Section is responsible for processing and filing police reports and for providing other associated public services. The Records Section may be contacted at: 650-259-2300.
Copies of reports are typically released to victims only on reports of accidents or property loss. Copies are officially released in person, but may be mailed on a case by case basis. All report copies are $11.00 (flat fee - unlimited number of pages). When mailing in your request for a report:
- include your case number. If you do not know the case number provide as much detail about the incident as possible such as the date/time and exact street location of occurance, and names of involved parties;
- a copy of your valid identification such as driver's license, ID, or passort is required;
- include your check payable to the "City of Millbrae";
- include a self addressed envelope.
Mail your request to: Millbrae Police Bureau, 581 Magnolia Ave., Millbrae, California 94030.
Towed/Stored Vehicle Release
For all vehicles towed for storage, except recovered stolen vehicles, there is a fee of $125.00 for the release. This fee is in addition to whatever fees the towing company may charge and any citations that may have been given. We will accept cash only.
A vehicle will be released only to the registered owner in possession of a valid drivers license. The vehicle must also be currently registered before it will be released.
These non-emergency calls can be made to our business line at 650-259-2300. They will be given prompt attention by the person taking the call and a member of the police department will be sent to assist you as quickly as possible. When calling for non-emergency assistance, we will be better able to assist you if you have the following information available:
- your name and address
- the address where crime or incident occurred
- your case number if you are inquiring about your report
- if you do not have a case number, the date, time, location and nature of the incident will be helpful
A reference/clearance letter can be requested for a fee of $16.00. Please contact the Records Section during regular business hours for more details.