Important Update: COVID-19



Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
  1. What can I do about vehicles left parked in front of my house?
    Millbrae Municipal Code considers any vehicle parked on the street in excess of 72 hours as an abandoned vehicle. By notifying the Police Bureau of the location, description, and license number of the vehicle, the Police Bureau can ensure that the vehicle is not stolen and have a Parking Enforcement Officer mark the vehicle with an abandoned warning notice. If the vehicle is not moved within 72 hours of being marked with a warning notice, the vehicle will be towed at the owner's expense. You can call the Millbrae Police Bureau or use our Comments page to notify us about abandoned vehicles.

  2. Are there any noise ordinances in the City of Millbrae?
    Yes. The City of Millbrae does have a noise ordinance which limits construction noise. Construction times are: Weekdays: 7:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. and Weekends: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Other noises (parties, loud music, etc.), are regulated by the Penal Code and the City Municipal Code if the noise is determined to be "unreasonable." If you believe that the noise you are hearing is "unreasonable," call the Police Bureau and we will send an officer to investigate. If the officer finds that the noise is "unreasonable," he or she will explain the law and request that the violator reduce the noise.

  3. Do You do fingerprinting for the public?
    No, as of Sat. Jan. 1, 2000, we discontinued fingerprinting for all but criminal reasons. This is due to the electronic filing requirements by the State of California and Federal Government.

  4. How can I obtain a copy of a police report?
    Copies of reports are typically released to victims only on reports of accidents or property loss. Copies are officially released only by mail, but may be available in person on a case by case basis. All report copies are $10.00 (flat fee - unlimited number of pages).  When mailing in your request for a report, please make your check payable to the "City of Millbrae." Also, make sure to include your case number and return address with your request. If you do not know the case number, please provide as much detail about the incident as possible including the date and time of occurrence, exact street location of occurrence and names of involved parties. Mail your request to: Millbrae Police Bureau, 581 Magnolia Avenue, Millbrae, California 94030.

  5. What can I do about a barking dog?
    Notify the Police Bureau if the barking is continual. Millbrae City Ordinance states that a dog or pet owner will not "permit such animal to habitually bark or meow or act in such a manner as to continuously disturb the peace of any citizen." Dogs are supposed to bark if someone goes onto or near the property of the dog owner, but they should not be continually barking. An officer will respond to check the welfare of the animal and will explain to the dog owner or leave a message for the dog owner about Millbrae's City Ordinance. The Police Bureau maintains a record of the number of times we have responded to barking dog complaints.

  6. What can I do about speeding vehicles and reckless drivers on my street?
    Call the Millbrae Police Bureau at 650-259-2300 when the incident occurs. If there is an on-going problem in your neighborhood with speeding or careless drivers, notify us about the problem, particularly if there is a regular time that these problems are occurring. You may either call the police department directly or use the comments page to e-mail us your concern. Once your complaint has been received, it will be passed to the Traffic Division and they will work with you to resolve the problem.

  7. What can I do about Graffiti in my neighborhood?
    Check out our Graffiti page or call the Millbrae Police Bureau at 650-259-2300.

  8. How do I seal a juvenile record?
    Any person over eighteen years of age may petition the Juvenile Court for sealing of all records by filing the petition with the Clerk of the Superior Court, Juvenile Division, at Hillcrest Juvenile Hall.

  9. How can I obtain information on sex offenders in my neighborhood?
    The Millbrae Police Bureau currently does not have the facilities to allow the public to view the Megan's Law CD-ROM. The San Mateo County Sheriff's Office provides access to certain sex offender information on dedicated computers located at the Hall of Justice in Redwood City. To find out more, see the San Mateo County webpage.