Outdoor Advertising Display Sign
As part of the City of Millbrae’s economic development strategy, the City issued a request for proposal for an Outdoor Advertising Display Sign at the location currently occupied by the existing Hotel Sign erected in 2008. OUTFRONT Media proposes to work with the City to remove the existing Hotel Sign and construct an Outdoor Advertising Display Sign.
The Outdoor Advertising Display Sign consists of a fifty-eight foot (58’) pole structure, with a two sided fourteen foot (14’) high by forty-eight feet (48’) wide LED digital display sign located 8 feet from the top of the pole. The pole will be covered by a two sided twelve foot (12’) wide aluminum cladding. Above the LED display sign, the cladding will include the City Logo. Below the LED display sign, the cladding will house, a “Hotel” sign in the City Logo font and color and 4 flush can signs advertising the hotels that are currently included on the existing Hotel Sign. Between the faces of the LED display sign, a wing shaped design feature of perforated steel, painted to City Logo specifications, will be installed.
- Pole Cover Design
- Initial Study/ Negative Declaration
- Notice of Availability of Negative Declaration and Public Hearing Notice
Located in the middle of San Mateo County, City of Millbrae is adjacent to the San Francisco International Airport. Millbrae is gently cradled in the sun-warmed hills that separate the Pacific Ocean from the San Francisco Bay. Major freeways border both it's eastern and western boundaries, making Millbrae easily accessible from all parts of the Bay Area. Many hillside homes enjoy beautiful bay views. The City has twelve local parks and the Green Hills Country Club that add to the charm of the residential community.
Why It's Smart to do Business in Millbrae
Millbrae's economic community is a vital mix of retail, shopping, restaurants, service businesses and hotels. Located just 15 miles south of the City of San Francisco, Millbrae's proximity to world-famous cities, transportation networks, and an affluent community, and abundance of prime real estate along heavily trafficked corridors, represents an attractive opportunity for potential business.
- Located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, the birthplace of world-class businesses
- Most convenient access to San Francisco International Airport
- Within walking distance of Millbrae Station, the largest intermodal station west of the Mississippi, (provides access to BART, Caltrain, and SamTrans and future High Speed Rail)
- Situated between two major highways: Interstate 280 and Highway 101
- Available properties located along major transportation corridors, including historic El Camino Real, Broadway, and Millbrae Avenue
- High median and household income
- Access to a highly educated and skilled workforce
- Home to Mills High School, the highest scoring high school in San Mateo County
- Located within 45 minutes of two major college research institutions: Stanford University and the University of California at Berkeley
For more information about how to start a business in Millbrae please visit Millbrae's website, http://www.ci.millbrae.ca.us, call the Community Development Department at (650) 259-2341 or visit City Hall located at 621 Magnolia Avenue, Millbrae, CA 94030.
City of Millbrae: Downtown Improvement Area - March 2013