- The processing of development permits in a timely and customer friendly manner, ensuring that new construction is safe and a positive addition to its surroundings;
- Maintaining a strong economic base, improving the downtown area, and broadening housing opportunities;
- Ensuring the long term maintenance and preservation of buildings, properties and neighborhoods; and
- Assisting decision-makers and the public in the formulation of current land use decisions and long range community planning.
- Enforcing the City's zoning regulations, building and housing code and the Community Preservation Ordinance.
- Maintaining landscape and development of the City's open spaces.
- Providing aircraft noise insulation to eligible residential homes as funding is available.
The Community Development Department is open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Phone contact (650) 259-2341.
The Planning Division counter hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and by appointment from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Phone contact (650) 259-2341.
The Building Division counter hours are Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., and by appointment from 1:00 p.m. to 4 p.m. All Building inspections are conducted Monday - Friday in the afternoon. Phone contact (650) 259-2330.