Millbrae Excellence in Business Awards
On Thursday, January 26th, the Millbrae Chamber of Commerce hosted its 2017 Excellence in Business Awards Dinner at the El Rancho Inn. Starting at 6 p.m., the event recognized the outstanding service and positive impacts eight local businesses have had on the Millbrae community.
“Millbrae’s business community not only drives our economy, but inspires future entrepreneurs to take a bold step in starting a business,” said Mayor Reuben Holober. “This year’s award winners have continually demonstrated exceptional service, and stand as examples for others to follow. These businesses have truly strengthened our community and are keystones in our prosperity.”
Award recipients this year include:
- Business of the Year Award to Positive Electric for its contributions to the Millbrae community, proven exceptional customer service, and its dedication to provide beneficial service to all.
- Restaurant of the Year Award to Wonderful for its popularity, food quality, superior customer service, cleanliness, and community contributions.
- Chamber of Excellence Award to Millbrae CERT for its exceptional efforts and service to the community.
- Downtown Beautification Award to the Millbrae Square Shopping Center for its project aesthetics and for the overall impact the development has had on the community.
- Distinction in Tourism Award to Best Western Plus El Rancho Inn for its superior cleanliness, comfort and maintenance of both rooms and overall property, excellent customer service.
- Community Partners Awards to Provident Credit Union, One Martial Arts, and South San Francisco Scavenger Co. for their demonstrated history of supporting and partnering with the Millbrae community to raise funds for schools or other community needs.