Coronavirus Update from Mayor Reuben Holober - March 11, 2020
Dear Millbrae Community:
Due to the growing concerns over the coronavirus (COVID-19), San Mateo County Health has determined that all non-essential functions be cancelled. In an abundance of caution, the City of Millbrae will be taking the following immediate actions, which will be reviewed every two weeks until the virus is no longer a threat:
- Postponing all City rentals and public events at City Facilities through March 31.
- Suspending all drop-in and contract programs and classes through March 31.
- Cancelling all non-essential City commission/committee meetings and sub-committee meetings through March 31.
- Continue Millbrae Recreation sports programs at Millbrae School District facilities.This will be revisited if the Millbrae School District changes policy.
- Continue Boys and Girls Club programs at the Taylor School campus.This will be revisited if the Millbrae School District changes policy.
- Self Help for the Elderly senior lunch program will distribute box lunches between 11:30 a.m. – 12 noon on Mondays/Wednesdays/Fridays at the David J. Chetcuti Room.Lunches must be pre-ordered, call 415-319-4115.
- The City will continue to conduct City business and the City Council meeting scheduled for March 24 will proceed as scheduled and the remote participation by email for public comment will remain in place as we monitor the situation.
The City is following all recommendations from San Mateo County Health and remains in constant communication with both county and state health officials to monitor and respond to any coronavirus updates. At this time, the public health risk in San Mateo County is considered relatively low, and our facility closures and program cancellations are being taken as an extra precaution.
You can also contact the COVID-19 Call Center by calling 2-1-1 with all non-emergency and non-medical inquiries. The Call Center is available 24/7.
For questions regarding Parks and Recreation programming, please call 650-259-2338.
Reuben D. Holober
Mayor, City of Millbrae