Millbrae Street Trees
A Message from the Community Preservation Commission
Did you know that:
- The care and maintenance of a street tree in front of your property is the responsibility of the
- A “street tree” is any woody perennial plant located in the City’s right-of-way in front of your
property? The right-of-way generally includes the planting strip between the curb and sidewalk
and may also include several feet of your front yard area. To obtain right-of-way dimensions for
your street contact the Public Works Department at (650) 259-2339.
- November thru January are the optimum months to care for trees? Plan now for next season’s
- Planting, pruning, removing, altering or other work on a street tree requires a permit from the
City Parks Division?
- There is NO FEE for this permit?
To begin the permit process complete the application form on the reverse side and submit it to the
Millbrae Parks Department in person or by mail at 621 Magnolia Ave. Millbrae, CA 94030, (650) 259-2339, or by fax at
- Download the Street Tree Work Permit Application [PDF]