Millbrae City Council Meeting Agenda for June 11, 2019
The Millbrae City Council meets on the second and fourth Tuesdays each month at 7 p.m. in the City Council Chambers (621 Magnolia Avenue).
CALL TO ORDER MILLBRAE CITY COUNCIL
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.S. FLAG
2. AGENDA OVERVIEW/STAFF BRIEFING
- Calendar of Events
- Report of Bills and Claims
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
- Regular Meeting of May 28, 2019
4. ORAL REPORT FROM CITY COMMITTEE/COMMISSION CHAIRS
Reserved for persons wishing to comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Fill out a speaker request slip and turn it into the City Clerk. Public Communication is limited to no more than thirty (30) minutes, with each speaker given no more than three (3) minutes. If more than ten (10) speakers are present, speakers’ time shall be reduced so that all speakers have an equal time to speak. Although we welcome and encourage public communication, the views or information presented by the speakers are not necessarily the views of the Council or the members of the public in Millbrae.
All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered by the Council to be routine, and all will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion to adopt.
5. Resolution of the Millbrae City Council Establishing the Appropriations Limit for Fiscal Year 2019 - 2020
6. Resolution Approving a New Maximum Garbage Rate Schedule per Franchise Agreement with the South San Francisco Scavenger Company
7. Approval of Street Closures on the 300 Block of Broadway for the Beats and Brews on Broadway Music Series on July 11, 2019 and August 8, 2019
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: Persons who wish to speak on matters set for PUBLIC HEARING will be heard when the presiding officer calls for comments from those persons who are in support of or in opposition thereto. After oral testimony has been given, the hearing is closed unless continued to another time, and brought to Council level for discussion and action. Normally no further oral testimony is permitted unless requested and allowed by the Council.
8. Continued Public Hearing from May 14, 2019 – Continuation of the Consideration of the Gateway at Millbrae Station Design Review Permit - Approval of Revised Materials and Colors for the Hotel (Site 6B) on the Gateway at Millbrae Station Project Located at 200 Rollins Road. Additionally, Staff Further Recommends Reviewing and Approving City Monument Signage, Landscaping, Public Art (Including a Water Feature within the BART Plaza), and Barrier Details
9. Recreation Center Restoration Project: 1) Receive Informational Update on the Millbrae Recreation Center Restoration Project, and 2) Adopt a Resolution Approving the Submittal of a Grant Application for the Statewide Park Development and Community Revitalization Program to Support the Millbrae Recreation Center Restoration Project
10. Informational Report on the Pilot Green Infrastructure Project Near Taylor Middle School
11. Council Discussion and Appointment of Planning Commissioner
12. (1) Accept the Fiscal Year 2018 – 2019 and Fiscal Year 2019 – 2020 Mid-Cycle Budget Report and (2) Adopt Resolution Amending the Subject Budgets as Depicted in Exhibit A to the Resolution
13. Consider Formation of a City Council Ad-Hoc Sub-Committee to Address the Issue of Homelessness in the City of Millbrae and Larger Regional Area
ADJOURN CITY COUNCIL
To read the entire agenda and attached documents, please visit