City Council Meeting
- Date: 03/26/2019 7:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Location: Council Chamber
621 Magnolia Avenue
Millbrae, California 94030
The Public Hearing for 480 El Camino Real has been removed from the agenda. Notice will be given when this Public Hearing is re-scheduled.
CALL TO ORDER MILLBRAE CITY COUNCIL
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE U.S. FLAG
- Commendation for St. Dunstan Catholic Church and School for Support for Movie Nights
- Presentation by the Millbrae Lions Baseball Program
- Recognition of Millbrae Community Television (MCTV) Crew
2. AGENDA OVERVIEW/STAFF BRIEFING
3. APPROVAL OF MINUTES
4. ORAL REPORT FROM CITY COMMITTEE/COMMISSION CHAIRS
Reserved for persons wishing to comment on any item not appearing on the agenda. Fill out a speaker request slip and turn it into the City Clerk. Public Communication is limited to no more than thirty (30) minutes, with each speaker given no more than three (3) minutes. If more than ten (10) speakers are present, speakers’ time shall be reduced so that all speakers have an equal time to speak. Although we welcome and encourage public communication, the views or information presented by the speakers are not necessarily the views of the Council or the members of the public in Millbrae.
All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered by the Council to be routine, and all will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a request is made prior to the time Council votes on the motion to adopt.
6. Adopt a Resolution Approving the Amended and Restated Water Supply Agreement between the City and County of San Francisco Wholesale Customers in Alameda County, San Mateo County, and Santa Clara County dated November 2018 and Authorizing the City Manager to Execute the Agreement – ACTION
- Attachment 2 Seven Amendments to the Water Supply Agreement
- Attachment 3 Amended and Restated Water Supply Agreement, Redlined Against the 2009 Water Supply Agreement
- Attachment 4 Clean Amended and Restated Water Supply Agreement
12. Resolution Endorsing the San Mateo County Flood And Sea Level Rise Resiliency Agency Proposal (Proposal) and Authorizing the Expenditure of $40,000 Annually for Three Fiscal Years (FYs 2019-20 through 2021-22) to Support the Agency Start-Up – ACTION
13. Adopt Resolution Authorizing the City Manager or Designee to Execute an Amendment to the Professional Service Agreement with New City America Increasing Compensation by $67,500 from $45,000 to $112,500 and Extending the Term through December 31, 2019 - ACTION
NOTICE TO THE PUBLIC: Persons who wish to speak on matters set for PUBLIC HEARING will be heard when the presiding officer calls for comments from those persons who are in support of or in opposition thereto. After oral testimony has been given, the hearing is closed unless continued to another time, and brought to Council level for discussion and action. Normally no further oral testimony is permitted unless requested and allowed by the Council.
16. GATEWAY AT MILLBRAE STATION PROJECT: Adoption of a Resolution of the City Council to Approve a Design Review Permit Application for the Gateway at Millbrae Station-Transit Oriented Design (TOD) Project Pursuant to Millbrae Municipal Code (MMC) 10.05.2500 C - ACTION
Committee Reports: Councilmembers serve as representatives to various committees listed below. They will report by exception on matters affecting Millbrae.
• Mayor Lee: Adopted Military Unit Sub-Committee, Association of Bay Area Governments Executive Board, Budget/Finance Sub-Committee, Commission/Committee Interview Sub-Committee, International Day Sub-Committee, Community Garden Sub-Committee, Congestion Management/Environmental Quality Committee, Fire Shared Services Sub-Committee, Joint Schools Sub-Committee, Mayor’s Civic Coordinating Council, Peninsula Clean Energy Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors Delegate, SeaChange SMC, Sewer Modernization Sub-Committee, Technology Sub-Committee
• Vice Mayor Holober: Budget/Finance Sub-Committee, Caltrain Local Policymakers Group, Cannabis Further Study Sub-Committee, Community Center Sub-Committee, Millbrae Community Television Liaison, Millbrae Parks and Recreation Commission Liaison, Millbrae Sister Cities Commission Liaison, Peninsula Congestion Relief Alliance Board of Directors, San Mateo County Library JPA Governing Board, Sewer Modernization Sub-Committee, Technology Sub-Committee
• Councilmember Schneider: Association of Bay Area Governments General Assemblies, Airport Community Roundtable, Bike Sharing Program Sub-Committee, C/CAG Bicycle/Pedestrian Advisory Committee, Community Garden Sub-Committee, Fire Shared Services Sub-Committee, International Day Sub-Committee, Millbrae Community Enhancement Advisory Committee Liaison, Millbrae Cultural Arts Advisory Committee Liaison, Peninsula Clean Energy Joint Powers Authority Board of Directors Alternate, San Mateo County Joint Committee on El Camino Real (Grand Boulevard), San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services Council, SeaChange SMC
• Councilmember Oliva: Adopted Military Unit Sub-Committee, Airport Land Use Committee, HEART Board of Directors, HEART Member Agency Committee, Joint Schools Sub-Committee, Millbrae Chamber of Commerce Liaison, Millbrae Economic Vitality Advisory Committee Liaison, Millbrae Senior Advisory Committee Liaison
• Councilmember Papan: Bike Sharing Program Sub-Committee, C/CAG Board of Directors, C/CAG Legislative Committee, Cannabis Further Study Sub-Committee, Commission/Committee Interview Sub-Committee, Community Center Sub-Committee, Millbrae Youth Advisory Committee Liaison, San Mateo County Council of Cities, San Mateo County Pre-Hospital Emergency Medical Services JPA, Metropolitan Transportation Commission
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL- EXISTING LITIGATION
(Subdivision (a) of Section 54956.9)
Name of case: Better Millbrae, et al. v. City of Millbrae, et al., San Mateo Superior Court, Case No. 18CIV04393
CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – EXISTING LITIGATION
(Subdivision (a) of Section 54956.9)
Name of case: Gene Peter vs. City of Millbrae
WCAB No: ADJ7291887, ADJ7291918, ADJ7291927, ADJ10977459
Claim No: Unknown, MIL0800018, MIL1000016, unknown
DOI: 11/30/2007, 04/12/2008, CT 11/30/1972-11/30/2009, CT 12/08/1977-04/12/2008
ADJOURN CITY COUNCIL MEETING
IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT, IF YOU NEED SPECIAL ASSISTANCE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS MEETING, PLEASE CONTACT THE CITY CLERK AT (650) 259-2334. NOTIFICATION IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING WILL ENABLE THE CITY TO MAKE REASONABLE ARRANGEMENTS TO ENSURE ACCESSIBILITY TO THIS MEETING.
MATERIALS RELATED TO AN AGENDA ITEM THAT ARE SUBMITTED TO THE CITY COUNCIL AFTER DISTRIBUTION OF THE AGENDA PACKET ARE AVAILABLE FOR PUBLIC INSPECTION IN THE CITY CLERK’S OFFICE AT 621 MAGNOLIA AVENUE, MILLBRAE, CA 94030, MONDAY–FRIDAY FROM 8:30 A.M. TO 5:00 P.M.
CITY COUNCIL AGENDAS MAY BE PREVIEWED ON MILLBRAE COMMUNITY TELEVISION CABLE CHANNEL 27 AND THE CITY WEB SITE [www.ci.millbrae.ca.us]