Millbrae Recreation Department provides a variety of seasonal senior activities and classes. Please see the activity guide or the most recent edition of the Seniorline Newsletter for information regarding program times and locations. Call 650-259-2360 for any questions.
Senior Advisory Committee
The Senior Advisory Committee consists of seven members appointed by the City Council. Members are qualified electors of the City and shall serve for a term of two years and may be reappointed to additional terms and serve without compensation. Members cannot hold any other public office or City position while serving on the Commission.
The Senior Advisory Committee meets regularly on the third Wednesday of the month at 9 am and may meet for additional special sessions as needed.
Monthly Birthday Luncheons
Celebrate your birthday with us! Enjoy great conversation, good food, and bingo.
- If you wish to attend, you must call at least 5 days prior to the lunch
- Call 650-259-2360 to make a reservation
- Fee: $5
Takes place at the Millbrae Recreation Center, Great Hall, on the second Tuesday of each month from 11:30 am to 1:30 pm.
Self-Help for the Elderly
Self-Help for the Elderly Senior Lunch Program operates on Monday- Friday from 10:30 am to 1:30 pm in the David J. Chetcuti Community Room.
- We serve nutritious meals to elders; reservations are required.
- Please call 415-319-4115 and leave a message.
- For Home Delivered Meals service, please call the San Mateo Center at 650-342-0822 for details.
We offer in-person activities and virtual classes, and everyone is welcome to join. For class schedules, monthly lunch menus, and center locations, please visit Self-Help for the Elderly website.
Grocery Assistance Program
The Primrose Grocery Assistance Program provides weekly groceries, free of charge, to individuals and families in need. People can walk in and pick up groceries once per week without an appointment.
- 139 Primrose Road, Burlingame, CA 94010
- Or call 650-342-2255
- Hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 9 am to 2:45 pm
- To learn more, please visit the Call Primrose website
Second Harvest of Silicon Valley
For information about grocery and meal programs throughout the County, go to:
- Second Harvest of Silicon Valley website
- Or call 800-984-3663
Free Exercise Videos
Are you looking for free exercise videos?
Virtual Social Groups & Activities
Check out Highway61, which offers real-time conversation groups for those over 50, including Support Groups, Trivia, Bingo, Book Discussions, Opera, Classic Movies, and more!
- View the calendar of events
- To join an event or discussion group, email Highway61 to receive a code
- Then go to highway61.co to enter your name, email, and code, and select the discussion "room" you are interested in on the left-hand side of the page
San Mateo Adult & Career Education
San Mateo Adult and Career Education provides various programs to help adult learners of all ages and backgrounds grow their skills and community.
- Computer classes, art, music, fitness, current events, language classes, and more!
- The San Mateo Adult School has it all!
- View their class offerings
- Or call 650-558-2100
Are you interested in joining a Zoom class or video chatting with a loved one? Are you intimidated by Zoom? View the tutorials.
- Create a Zoom Account
- Join a Zoom Meeting
- How to Join a Meeting
Resources for Veterans
Share these resources with the veterans in your life!
- AARP free resources
- County of San Mateo Veterans Resources