Encroachment Permit

In order to do work in the City Right-of-Way (ROW) such as removing or replacing a sidewalk or a driveway approach, a property owner or his/her contractor must come in to obtain an encroachment permit at the Public Works/Engineering counter at the City Hall in Millbrae. Office hours for obtaining encroachment permits are 9:00 am to Noon, Monday through Friday. There is a non-refundable encroachment permit fee and a refundable security deposit based on the Encroachment Permit Computation Worksheet (refundable only upon satisfactory completion of work performed per City standards and specifications).