Fire Station 37
Visit San Mateo County dispatch website to view active emergencies and more...
The Fire Department consists of five divisions: Administration, Operations, Fire Prevention/Public Education
, Emergency Preparedness, and Emergency Medical Services
. There are 23 full time employees, including 12 authorized paramedic positions, which staff the department. The Fire Chief, 2 Deputy Fire Chief and a shared Fire Marshal are 40 hour per week employees. The Administrative Assistant is a part-time 18 hour per week employee. All other personnel work a 56-hour per week shift schedule. There are two line operational Division Chiefs in Millbrae and one in San Bruno that share battalion coverage between the two cities. These three Division Chiefs divide up the aforementioned areas of responsibility as well as being the shift Commander. There are 2 Captains on each shift for a total of six who are each in charge of an Engine Company. Each Engine Company comprises of 1 Captain, 1 driver/engineer and 1 paramedic.
In 2012 the Fire Dept. responded to 2731 emergency responses, 55% of those emergencies were medical in nature.
- 2 Fire Stations (Station 37 - 511 Magnolia Ave.; Station 38 - 785 Crestview Dr.)
- San Mateo County Dispatch
- 23 Personnel (1 Fire Chief, 2 40hr. Deputy Fire Chiefs, 20 Shift Personnel, 1 18 hr. Admin Asst)
- 3 Fire Engines (2 Pierce and 1Hi-Tech)
- 1 Deputy Fire Chief Vehicle (Crown Victoria)
- 1 Deputy Fire Chief Command Vehicle (Ford Expedition)
- 1 Division Chief Command Vehicle (Ford Expedition)
- 1 Utility Truck (General Motors)
Last updated: 9/17/2013 12:31:20 PM