Fire Station 37
Visit San Mateo County dispatch website to view active emergencies and more...
The Fire Department consists of five divisions: Administration, Operations, Fire Prevention/Public Education
, Emergency Preparedness, and Emergency Medical Services
. There are 27 full time employees, including 12 authorized paramedic positions, which staff the department. The Fire Chief, Division Chief/Fire Marshal and Training Chief are 40 hour per week employees. The Administrative Assistant is a part-time 25 hour per week employee. All other personnel work a 56-hour per week shift schedule. There are two line operational Division Chiefs in Millbrae and one in San Bruno that share battalion coverage between the two cities. These three Division Chiefs divide up the aforementioned areas of responsibility as well as being the shift Commander. There are 2 Captains on each shift for a total of six who are each in charge of an Engine Company. Each Engine Company comprises of 1 Captain, 1 driver/engineer and 1 paramedic.
In 2007 the Fire Dept. responded to 2670 emergency responses, 61% of those emergencies were medical in nature.
- 2 Fire Stations (Station 37 - 511 Magnolia Ave.; Station 38 - 785 Crestview Dr.)
- San Mateo County Dispatch
- 27 Personnel (1 Fire Chief, 2 40hr. Division Chiefs, 23 Shift Personnel, 1 25hr. Admin Asst)
- 3 Fire Engines (2 Hi-Tech, 1 Van Pelt 1500 gpm Class A Pumpers)
- 1 Fire Chief Command Vehicle (Crown Victoria)
- 1 Division Chief Command Vehicle (Ford Expedition)
- 1 Training Division Chief Command Vehicle (Ford Expedition)
- 1 Fire Marshal Division Chief Vehicle (Crown Victoria)
- 1 Utility Truck (General Motors)
Last updated: 7/25/2012 8:41:53 AM