The Millbrae Cultural Arts Commission consists of seven members appointed by the City Council. Members are qualified electors of the City and shall serve for a term of four years, and may be reappointed to additional terms and serve without compensation. Members cannot hold any other public office or any City position while serving of the Commission.
The Commission regularly meets on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m. at the Millbrae Community Center, 477 Lincoln Circle.
This Mission Statement of the Cultural Arts Commission: The Millbrae Cultural Arts Commission promotes Millbrae’s rich and diverse cultural experience by celebrating the arts, recognizing local artists, and showcasing Millbrae as a wonderful place to live and visit.
Duties and responsibilities of the Millbrae Cultural Arts Commission are:
- To advise the City Council on all matters affecting the culture of the City and to advise and assist other city boards and commissions in the field of the fine arts, and to cooperate and work with the Park and Recreation Commission;
- To encourage programs in the fine arts and to promote the cultural enrichment of the community;
- To establish an effective liaison between the City and local cultural and artistic groups;
- To review and make recommendations upon all works of art to be acquired by the City, either by purchase, gift or otherwise, and with respect to their locations, and
- To undertake and carry out all functions reasonably necessary to accomplish the objectives and to discharge the functions of the Commission; and to exercise such other functions as may be prescribed by the City Council.
Kevin Sved, Recreation Superintendent, serves as staff liaison to the Commission and can be reached at 650-259-2360.
|ROBERT J. HUGHES
|BARON C. SUEN
Last updated: 4/16/2014 1:22:28 PM