The Water Resources and Conservation Program is here to aid your efforts to conserve. The City of Millbrae is currently under Drought Emergency Regulations which apply to all residents, businesses and municipal operations. Please reduce your water use by 25%. You can learn more about the drought regulations by clicking on the link below.
To report a drought regulation-water waste violation, call 650-259-2348 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The links below will provide you with information on programs and resources to help you conserve water. Please call the Water Resources and Conservation Program at (650) 259-2348 for more information or if you have any questions.
Free Water Saving Devices
- Fix all leaky toilets, faucets and pipes. Pick-up a free copy of the "Practical Plumbing" Handbook. Also request free aerators for your bathroom and kitchen faucets.
- Check for silent toilet leaks by requesting free leak detection dye tablets. Toilet leaks not seen or heard can waste up to 300 gallons of water per day.
- Bring in your old showerheads and exchange them for free water conserving multi-massage function showerheads.
- Request a free shower timer to encourage family members who take long showers to take shorter ones.
- Refer to the lawn watering guide information in the Water Conservation Newsletter for tips for determining how much and how often you should water to have a lush, green lawn without over watering. Studies show that on average, 50%-70% of home water is used outdoors for watering lawns and gardens.
- Click here to learn how to create or re-design a more water-wise garden. There are extensive sections on design, irrigation and garden care, a plant library that will include the culture, anatomy and description of over 1,000 plants, along with the photo section of water-wise and beautiful gardens in Millbrae and the Bay Area.
- Water Savings Calculator
Click here to learn how much water you use and how you can use less.
Click here to read the latest edition of the City Newsletter.
Water conservation regulations are in effect.
Last updated: 6/30/2015 12:40:49 PM