The Water Resources and Conservation Program is here to aid your efforts to conserve. Millbrae is on a voluntary "Use Water Wisely" conservation program; however, everyone is encouraged to conserve water use by at least 10%. We hope the following programs and information will save you water, which will in turn lower your water bill. Please call the Water Resources and Conservation Program at (650) 259-2348 for more information or if you have any questions.
Free Water Saving Devices
- Fix all leaky toilets, faucets and pipes. Pick-up a free copy of the "Practical Plumbing" Handbook. Also request free aerators for your bathroom and kitchen faucets.
- Check for silent toilet leaks by requesting free leak detection dye tablets. Toilet leaks not seen or heard can waste up to 300 gallons of water per day.
- Bring in your old showerheads and exchange them for free water conserving multi-massage function showerheads.
- Request a free shower timer to encourage family members who take long showers to take shorter ones.
- Refer to the lawn watering guide information in the Water Conservation Newsletter for tips for determining how much and how often you should water to have a lush, green lawn without over watering. Studies show that on average, 50%-70% of home water is used outdoors for watering lawns and gardens.
- Click here to learn how to create or re-design a more water-wise garden. There are extensive sections on design, irrigation and garden care, a plant library that will include the culture, anatomy and description of over 1,000 plants, along with the photo section of water-wise and beautiful gardens in Millbrae and the Bay Area.
- Water Savings Calculator
Click here to learn how much water you use and how you can use less.
The City Council of Millbrae will hold a public hearing to consider and receive input regarding the activation of the Water Shortage Contingency Plan
September 20, 2014 9:00am-12:00pm
October 08, 2014 7:00pm-9:00pm
Last updated: 8/28/2014 3:15:03 PM