The responsibilities of the Public Works Utilities and Operations Division include:
- maintaining streets, traffic signs, pavement markings, streetlights and traffic signals and providing safe and clean public rights of way, sidewalks, alleys and easements. Click here for the street sweeping schedule.
- obtaining and distributing reliable quality water to City residents and businesses through aggressive water quality monitoring, cross connection control, and maintenance of the distribution system; management of State reporting system.
- operating, maintaining, and improving the City's storm drain infrastructure and developing and implementing programs designed to remove and deter sedimentation and erosion, and prevent illegal pollutant discharges into San Francisco Bay
- providing reliable city vehicles through cost-effective centralized vehicle procurement and maintenance and ensuring compliance with new clean air regulations
- maintaining water storage tanks, pumps, valves and hydrants for fire protection
- controlling unlawful discharges into the storm drain system
- inspecting, maintaining and repairing the sanitary sewer collection system and responding to customer emergency service requests; management of State reporting system
- responding to customer water inquiries
- implementing and enforcing water rationing program, when necessary
- water service installations
- emergency repairs
Last updated: 7/17/2012 9:01:15 AM