The Millbrae Cultural Arts Advisory Committee consists of five members who shall be appointed by the City Council and serve at the Council's pleasure, none of whom shall hold any paid office or employment in the City government. No Committee member may be appointed to or serve concurrently on more than one commission or committee established by ordinance or resolution of the City Council at the same time. Members shall be residents of the City and shall serve for a term of four years.
The Committee regular meeting date is on the third Wednesday of each month at 7:00 p.m.; a location for the meetings has yet to be determined. View calendar for upcoming meetings.
Duties and responsibilities of the Millbrae Cultural Arts Commission are:
1. To advise, assist and make recommendations as follows:
- To the City Council on matters affecting the culture of the City.
- To the City Council on all works of art to be acquired by the City either by purchase, gift, loan, or otherwise and
with respect to location.
- To other City Commissions and Committees in the field of the fine arts.
2. To encourage programs in the fine arts and to promote the cultural enrichment of the community;
3. To act as liaison between the City and local cultural and artistic groups;
4. To act in concert with the City Council as follows:
- the Committee shall perform such other duties as may be assigned to ti by the City Council;
- no acts of the Committee shall be contrary to the established policy of the City Council.
Assigned Recreation Staff serves as staff liaison to the Committee and can be reached at 650-259-2360.
|Members||Initial Appointment||Term Expiration|
|ROBERT J. HUGHES (Chair)
|BARON C. SUEN||03/23/10||06/30/17|
|PAMELA J. FOSS||01/10/17||06/30/21|
|DEBBIE VAN WART||01/10/17||06/30/21|