The Water Resources and Conservation Program is here to aid your efforts to conserve. The City of Millbrae is currently under Drought Emergency Regulations which apply to all residents, businesses and municipal operations. Please reduce your water use by 25%. You can learn more about the drought regulations by clicking on the link below.
To report a drought regulation-water waste violation, call 650-259-2348 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Programs & Resources
The links below will provide you with information on programs and resources to help you conserve water. Please call the Water Resources and Conservation Program at (650) 259-2348 for more information or if you have any questions.
- 2015 Urban Water Management Plan
- State Drought Regulation Water Supply Self Certification
- Drought Emergency Regulations
- State Grass and Toilet Rebate Program
- How to Reduce Water Use by 25%
- Water Efficient Landscape Ordinance
- Interview with Nicole Sandkulla, Manager of the Bay Area Water Supply & Conservation Agency.
- Free Sprinkler Nozzle Head Program
- Conservation Tips for Your Home
- Conservation Tips for Landscaping
- How to Read Your Water Meter
- How to Check for Leaks
- Rainwater Harvesting Information and Rebate Program
- Top 10 Water Wise Tips
- Free Guides and Brochures
- Water Audit
- Water Conservation Newsletter
- Water Smart Guide Book for Businesses
Free Water Saving Devices
- Fix all leaky toilets, faucets and pipes. Pick-up a free copy of the "Practical Plumbing" Handbook. Also request free aerators for your bathroom and kitchen faucets.
- Check for silent toilet leaks by requesting free leak detection dye tablets. Toilet leaks not seen or heard can waste up to 300 gallons of water per day.
- Pick up a free water conserving multi-massage function showerhead.
- Request a free shower timer to encourage family members who take long showers to take shorter ones.
- On average 50%-70% of home water is used outdoors for watering lawns and gardens. Refer to the Water Conservation Newsletter link above for landscape watering information.
- Click here to learn how to create or re-design a more water-wise garden. There are extensive sections on design, irrigation and garden care, a plant library that will include the culture, anatomy and description of over 1,000 plants, along with the photo section of water-wise and beautiful gardens in Millbrae and the Bay Area.
- Water Savings Calculator
Click here to learn how much water you use and how you can use less.