To provide Utility Billing services in a fair, efficient and professional manner, and assure timely collection of service charges to maintain cash flows within the Water and Sewer operations.
The Residents and Businesses within the City of Millbrae.
Provide Utility Billing services and assure timely collection of service charges . Provide customer service support to residents and businesses within the City of Millbrae. Assist the Public Works Department to manage new service requests, meter readings, and shutoffs.
The Utility Billing Division initiates and terminates Water and Sewer Utility services, and responds to public inquiries in connection with City Utility Services. All billings, inquiries, correspondence, collections and mailings are handled through this division.
Click here to view current water and sewer rates.
- Production and Distribution of Monthly Customer Utility Billings
- Post and Reconcile All Transactions in the Utility Billing Software
- Post and Reconcile Transactions Transferred to the Financial System General Ledger
- Respond to Customer Inquiries
- Investigate and Resolve Customer Inquiries and Complaints
- Prepare Handheld Computer Devices for Monthly Meter Reading
- Process Daily Cash Utility Payments
- Process New Accounts and Close Accounts
- Process Customer Refundable Deposits
- Cross-Train Other Division Personnel