The City Manager is the chief executive officer of the municipal government to whom all department heads and employees report. The City's Manager's mission is to carry out the policies and programs approved by the Council and provide administrative leadership.
The Manager is responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the City and ensuring that City services are delivered in an economical and effective manner.
The City Manager provides support to the City Council by guiding the staff in accomplishing the mission of the City and achieving the Council-approved Strategic Plan Actions. The City Manager's Office is also responsible for providing information to the public about significant activities of the City, special projects, and representing the City with other governmental agencies.
The Administration Program of the City Manager's Office oversees and assures effective and efficient delivery of all municipal services through the City's operating departments to citizens, businesses, and institutions.
Major activities of the Administration Program include:
- Policy-making assistance through analyzing issues and presenting staff reports at City Council meetings;
- Directing the annual update of the City's Strategic Plan for Council review and approval.
- Producing the bi-annual City budget from which the Council funds projects and programs in accordance with the approved Strategic Plan;
- Providing administrative assistance to the City Council;
- Assisting citizens with City services or regulations;
- Monitoring and controlling activities of all City departments through leadership and coaching of the City's Executive Management Team.